MAALL Travel Grant Information
All applications must be received no later than August 31st.
Recipients will be notified by September 4th.
Download the travel grant application form here
The grants committee may award up to two $500 general travel grants and one $500 Jo Ann Humphreys travel grant.
MAALL Travel Grant Criteria
- MAALL Membership;
- Financial Need;
- Usefulness of the meeting to the applicant;
- Contribution of the applicant to MAALL and/or AALL;
- Potential or proven ability of the applicant;
- Newer law librarians may receive special consideration as an encouragement to them to establish relationships and get involved in MAALL;
- An individual may receive no more than one travel grant every five years with the exception of the MAALL Newsletter editor;
- Previous travel grant recipients will be considered, especially office holders or speakers;
- The travel grant will be paid to the recipient at the annual meeting;
- Travel grant recipients will be required to write an article for the MAALL Markings newsletter.
Jo Ann Humphreys Travel Grant Criteria
- Will be awarded to one officer, committee chair, newsletter editor or webmaster each year;
- It will be used to assist someone who is particularly active in MAALL and does not have enough institutional support to attend MAALL’s Annual Meeting;
Applicants for the Jo Ann Humphreys Travel Grant will use the established travel grant application procedures.